About shelf companies
About shelf companies
What is a shelf company
A shelf company is an already registered company that have met all the company registration requirements with the Companies Registry and have never traded or conducted business and holds no assets or liabilities. They are ready for immediate use and they can be purchased by a person or group of people who wish to start a company without going through all the procedures of registering a new company. Shelf companies can be aged or brand new. In Zimbabwe, most shelf companies are private limited companies (PLC’s) though you can find other company structures such as Private Business Corporations (PBC’s).
Why you would need a shelf company
- Time might be of essence and you want a company as soon as possible and you cant wait for the 5-7 working days.
- In Zimbabwe certain business opportunities like some tenders require a company that has a certain age for example in the security sector most tenders require a company that is 3 years or older.
- To create an appearance that the business has been established for longer than it actually has.
How to acquire a shelf company
Acquiring a shelf company is done by transferring the shares to the buyer. The share transfer process requires a Share Transfer Agreement that needs to be signed by both parties and a notary such as a commissioner of oaths is required to authenticate it.
What documents do you receive when you register a shelf company?
- Certificate of incorporation
- Memorandum and articles of association
- CR 5 (former CR 6) – list of company addresses
- CR 6 (former CR 14) list of company directors and secretary(s)
- Share transfer certificates
- Share certificates
- Company registers – register of members, register of directors, register of company secretary(s) and register of addresses.
Get a FREE e-book to help you kickstart your business plus FREE share certificates for every shareholder with every company registration package.
Special Offer for limited time only - ends 30 April 2023.
Full Company Secretary Service
Director changes are FREE with our Full Company Secretary Service (as one of your 3 company changes per year).
US$149 per year
We purchased a shelf company from Company Formations and all the documents where in mint condition. The share transfer was done in no time. I received my company documents in no time.Francis Moutang
Follow us for advice on company registration in Zimbabwe, corporate secretarial and business services plus great entrepreneur tips.
"The Companies Registry does not do business with unlicensed or unregistered individuals, agents or consultants." Company Formations is a licensed company registration agent with the Deeds, Companies, & Intellectual Property (DCIP) which licenses company registration agents in Zimbabwe.
Company Formations is a member of ZACRA, the association of company registration agents in Zimbabwe.
Company Formations 'CF' is a service by Numeri Incorporated (Private) Limited a registered entity in Zimbabwe at Pockets Building, 50 Jason Moyo Avenue, Second Floor Floor, Suite 208 - 209, Harare, Zimbabwe. Numeri offers company registration in Zimbabwe and related corporate secretarial services.
Company Number : 15985/2019.
The Company Formations name and logo are registered trade marks.
Company Formations (Since 2019).
Copyright 2023 © Numeri Incorporated (Private) Limited.