Company name changeIncluding all compliance paperwork
Company name change
What’s included in our price?
- Minutes: Companies are required by the Companies and Other Business Entities Act [Chapter 24:31] to maintain minutes of all meetings of the directors, and for these to be available for inspection by any director. The director(s) should pass minutes to change the company’s name.
- Resolution – Existing shareholders must agree to change the name of the company by signing a special resolution.
- Updated statutory registers.
- Name search.
- Notification of company name change.
- Companies Registry special resolution for name change.
- Origination and placement of the newspaper advert.
- Companies Registry fees.
- Certificate of name change.
* We can prepare an updated annual return at a discounted fee of US$35.00 with this service.
How it works:
- You place an order by calling, texting or WhatsApp +263 787 828 543 or +263 (0242) 709 883.
- You provide your company name and/or company number and we will conduct a file search and statutory report.
- You make payment and receive your invoice.
- We will conduct a name search to determine the availability of the proposed new name for registration and the results will be available within 24 working hours.
- We will place an advert notifying the public of your intention to change your company name.
- You will receive notice of change of company name forms for signing in 1-2 working days by email, including the meeting minutes and the special resolution or you can sign at our offices.
- We will file the notice together with the accompanying documents with the Registrar of Companies, and the documents should be available within 7-9 working days (however, this is dependent on Companies House workload and may take longer).
- You will receive a notification that the change of company name has been approved at Companies Registry and the documents will be ready for collection.
- You will then receive a Certificate of Name Change and accompanying documents.
- Prices do not include updating the company’s annual returns and share capital re-denomination.
Change your company name
Call, text or WhatsApp
+263 715 142 498
+263 (0242) 709 883
to place your order.
Full Company Secretary Service
Director changes are FREE with our Full Company Secretary Service (as one of your 3 company changes per year).
US$149 per year
Our customer reviews
Frequently asked questions
When will my documents be ready?
We will conduct a name search to determine the availability of the new proposed company name which will be normally be approved within 24 working hours. Then we will place adverts which will be filed together with other company name change documents 14 days after the publication of the advert. The registry process usually takes 9-12 working days depending on their workload.
Do I receive any document after company name change?
You will receive a certificate of name change which is equivalent to a certificate of incorporation including a copy of your C.R. 7 and C.R. 8. If there were any outstanding statutory returns which we would have updated e.g. annual returns, you will also receive copies of those.
What are the requirements for company name change?
We just require you to provide your company name, company number and proposed company name.
Will my company number also change if I change my company name?
No. The company number will not change. The company number will probably not change throughout the existence of your company.
How do I correct a spelling mistake in my company name?
If you simply made a spelling mistake when you registered your company name, you will be required to process a change of company name order to correct the mistake.
Will I receive a new certificate of incorporation and company documents?
No. Your original certificate of incorporation will remain intact and will be supplemented with a certificate of company name change. The memorandum and articles of association will not change, as this lists the subscribers to the company on the day it was formed.
In many respects, the memorandum and articles of association becomes a document of historical significance, through the passage of time.
Can any type of company change its name?
Yes, any type of company can change its name, whether its a Private Limited Company (PLC), Private Business Corporation (PBC), Cooperative Company or any other company structure.
What is an annual return and why should I file one with this service?
An annual return is a Companies Registry filing requirement for all Private Limited Companies – it verifies that all company information is accurate and up to date. You should file an annual return to verify and update the change of company name.
What else do I need to do?
You will need to inform the Zimbabwe Revenue Authority (ZIMRA). You will also need to inform your bank, clients, suppliers, service providers, relevant authorities and other business contacts. Finally, don’t forget to update your company stationery, signage, website and domain name as well.
Register your company now!!!
+ get FREE share certificates for every shareholder
+ FREE company registers
+ FREE Company Formations e-book and a
FREE Virgin Start-up business plan template to kickstart your business.
Registered consultant with the Deeds, Companies, Intellectual Properties (DCIP).
Over fifteen years combined industry experience.
9-12 working days company registration turnaround time.
Follow us for advice on company registration in Zimbabwe, corporate secretarial and business services plus great entrepreneur tips.
"The Companies Registry does not do business with unlicensed or unregistered individuals, agents or consultants." Company Formations is a licensed company registration agent with the Deeds, Companies, & Intellectual Property (DCIP) which licenses company registration agents in Zimbabwe.
Company Formations is a member of ZACRA, the association of company registration agents in Zimbabwe with the purpose of encouraging high standards amongst agents and acting as an open forum for professionals working in the industry.
ZACRA is a recognised association for company registration and ZACRA works closely with government departments such as the Companies Registry and Zimbabwe Revenue Authority (ZIMRA).
Our ZACRA membership is an endorsement of the quality of service we provide and gives our customers the confidence that they are dealing with an agent they can trust.
Company Formations 'CF' is a service by Numeri Incorporated (Private) Limited a registered entity in Zimbabwe at Hungwe House, 69 Jason Moyo Avenue, First Floor, North Wing, Harare, Zimbabwe. Numeri offers company registration in Zimbabwe and related corporate secretarial services.
Company Number : 15985/2019.
The Company Formations name and logo are registered trade marks.
Company Formations (Since 2015).
Copyright 2022 © Numeri Incorporated (Private) Limited.