Trade name registrationIncluding all neccessary paperwork
Trade name registration
What’s included in our price?
- A notification to the registrar of the intention to use a trade name.
- Companies Registry fees.
- Certificate of assumed name.
How it works:
- You place an order by calling, texting or WhatsApp +263 715 142 498 or +263 (0242) 709 883.
- You provide your company name and/or company number and we will conduct a file search and statutory report.
- You provide 3-5 proposed trade names and you make payment.
- We will conduct a name search to determine the availability of the proposed trade name(s) and the name search results will be available within 24 working hours.
- You will receive trade name registration signing forms in 1-2 working days by email, including the meeting minutes and the special resolution or you can sign at our office.
- We will file the documents for trade name registration, and the trade name should be registered within 7-9 working days (however, this is dependent on Companies House workload and may take longer).
- You will then receive a Certificate of Assumed name.
- Prices do not include updating the company’s outstanding annual returns and share capital re-denomination.
Register your company’s trade name
Call, text or WhatsApp
+263 715 142 498
+263 (0242) 709 883
to place your order.
Full Company Secretary Service
Director changes are FREE with our Full Company Secretary Service (as one of your 3 company changes per year).
US$149 per year
Our customer reviews
Frequently asked questions
What is a trade name?
A trade name is the official name under which a company chooses to do business. For example, a company legally registered as ‘Goodhope Enterprises (Private) Limited’ may choose to trade as ‘Goodhope’ which will be their trade name. A trade name is also known as an assumed name in Zimbabwe.
Is a trade name the same as a trademark?
A trade name and a trademark are distinctly different from a legal perspective. A trade name is the official name under which a company chooses to do business. On the other hand, a trademark offers companies legal protection for a particular brand, which may be associated with a trade name. A trademark can be associated with or it can be part of your trade name and can be used to provide legal protection for the use of names ,logos, symbols, or company slogans.
Is it necessary to register a trade name?
If your company is using a trade name, yes it is necessary. It is an important step in branding for a company and it provides a brand name or legal protection for the use of the name. Also the introduction of the Companies and Other Business Entities Act Chapter (24:32) has required that every company registers its trade name; if not registered, the name will be available to the public for registration by anyone who wants to use that name and once registered the individual has legal ground to stop you from using that name.
Do trade names end with ‘LTD’ or Limited?
No, they do not end with ‘ltd’ or limited. The ‘ltd’ is only found on the original registered company name.
How long does it take to register my trade name?
It will take up to 9-12 working days depending on the workload at the registry.
What do I receive after I register a trade name?
You will receive a certificate of assumed name.
What information do we provide to register a trade name?
- Company’s original name.
- Company number.
- Proposed trade name.
Register your company now!!!
+ get FREE share certificates for every shareholder
+ FREE company registers
+ FREE Company Formations e-book and a
FREE Virgin Start-up business plan template to kickstart your business.
Registered consultant with the Deeds, Companies, Intellectual Properties (DCIP).
Over fifteen years combined industry experience.
9-12 working days company registration turnaround time.
Follow us for advice on company registration in Zimbabwe, corporate secretarial and business services plus great entrepreneur tips.
"The Companies Registry does not do business with unlicensed or unregistered individuals, agents or consultants." Company Formations is a licensed company registration agent with the Deeds, Companies, & Intellectual Property (DCIP) which licenses company registration agents in Zimbabwe.
Company Formations is a member of ZACRA, the association of company registration agents in Zimbabwe.
Company Formations 'CF' is a service by Numeri Incorporated (Private) Limited a registered entity in Zimbabwe at Pockets Building, 50 Jason Moyo Avenue, Second Floor Floor, Suite 208 - 209, Harare, Zimbabwe. Numeri offers company registration in Zimbabwe and related corporate secretarial services.
Company Number : 15985/2019.
The Company Formations name and logo are registered trade marks.
Company Formations (Since 2019).
Copyright 2023 © Numeri Incorporated (Private) Limited.