When you register a new Private Limited Company or Private Business Corporation, you are required to register with the Zimbabwe Revenue Authority (ZIMRA) within three months of registering your company.
However, there are certain requirements that you would need to provide.
See also: Private Limited Company Registration Packages.
What are the ZIMRA requirements for company registration?
The ZIMRA requirements for company registration are as follows:
- Certified copies of the new company.
- Certified copies of Director’s identity documents.
- Director’s email addresses and phone numbers.
- Proof of residence for every director in form of a utility bill (Attach affidavit if the proof of residence is not in director’s name).
- Stamped current personal bank statement of one Zimbabwean director.
See also: Requirements for company registration in Zimbabwe.
What do I receive once I register with ZIMRA?
You will first receive a temporary tax clearance also known as a bank advice note. You will use this to open your company’s bank account. Once you open a bank account you will then receive a tax clearance.
What is a tax clearance?
A Tax Clearance is a certificate issued by the Commissioner General of the Zimbabwe Revenue Authority (ZIMRA), to a person liable to pay tax, provided that the taxpayer’s tax position is satisfactory.
If you wish to register your company through Company Formations, check out Zimbabwe’s most comprehensive Private Limited Company Packages and Private Business Corporation Packages which include ZIMRA registration.